GENIISYS/GENWEB and ORACLE DB Administrator
The GENIISYS/GENWEB and ORACLE DB Administrator is responsible for maintaining a reliable, secure, and efficient Core Insurance System (CIS). S/he will work with all units to ensure smooth business operations. As a DBA, s/he shall ensure the quality and integrity of the database/s.
S/he must have superior technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills, coupled with the ability to communicate with all levels in the organization. S/he must be able to constantly be updated with hardware and software advancements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- GENIISYS/GENWEB Administration
- Manage and support the company’s Core Insurance System (GENIISYS/GENWEB).
- Ensure that the CIS works well with the IT infrastructure.
- Deploy and update CIS releases/patches.
- Create and verify backups.
- Set-up and maintain user accounts, roles, and permissions.
- Work with the Helpdesk Engineer and CPI to resolve problems reported by end users.
- Monitor CIS performance (availability, utilization, etc.), test for weaknesses, and conduct regular performance tuning.
- Train users on proper use of the CIS.
- Research and make recommendations on CIS policies and administration. Specifically, implement processes and systems to monitor data quality.
- Collaborate with business units to produce and continuously improve Business Intelligence reports, increase data accessibility, and foster data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Create and maintain Java ADHOC modules, when needed.
- ORACLE DB Administration
- Oversee day-to-day operation of the database instance(s).
- Install and configure database software.
- Manage licenses for all database-related software.
- Manage the deployment of appropriate security patches, hot fixes, and software updates.
- Manage database user accounts, roles, and permissions.
- Manage database storage and plans for future capacity.
- Perform database backups according to a regular schedule.
- Recover data from backups as needed.
- Monitor performance and tune the database and queries for best performance.
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures, and resources that standardize the use and operation of database resources.
- Keep up-to-date documentation of database installations, physical and logical models.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers in developing the Insurtech applications.
- Graduate of any Business, IT or Engineering course.
- Strong foundation on Accounting is a must.
- Certifications preferred:
- Oracle DBA Associate
- Java SE or Java EE
- AWS Cloud Practitioner and/or AWS Certified Database – Specialty
- At least 5 years experience in the Insurance industry, using GENIISYS/GENWEB.
- Strong interest in Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Working knowledge on Business Intelligence software (Tableau, Oracle BI, or Power BI) is required.
- Working knowledge on network hardware like servers, storage, VPNs, routers, and switches is required.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software, hardware, and methodologies.
- Proven experience in SQL, PL/SQL, and Java.
- Skills on Python will be a plus.
- Working knowledge on Git.
- Proficiency in working with both Windows and Linux Server OS.
- Fast learner and fast worker.
- Must possess the following skills: leadership; analyzing and critical thinking; time management; interpersonal skills; troubleshooting; communication; problem solving; planning; collaboration; research; writing of policies and procedures; attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to evaluate critical systems, prioritize work, and determine solutions.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations, and policies regarding data storage, retention, and auditing.
- Able and willing to respond to helpdesk requests beyond office hours.
- Has a minimum of 10 Mbps fiber connection at home.
Send Your Resume