Senior Applications Developer
The Senior Applications Developer will architect, create, test, document, and the next generation of our Core Insurance System. S/he is a hands-on platform builder of scalable e-commerce and data applications. S/he will collaborate with Sales & Marketing, Underwriting, Claims, and Finance to fulfill project requirements, in support of the company’s Digital Transformation Strategy.
S/he must be highly capable, motivated, loves tackling problems head-on, and enjoys coming up with creative solutions. S/he must be able to constantly be updated with hardware and software advancements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with various teams to diagnose problems in operations.
- Conduct systems analysis and (re)design business processes.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain MVC and/or mobile applications.
- Automate business processes.
- Create our own APIs. Connect to third-party APIs.
- Train junior coders.
- Assist the CIO in continuously developing and implementing the Digital Transformation Strategy.
- Graduate of any IT or Engineering course.
- Knowledge and experience in Insurance is preferred, but not required.
- Proven experience developing clean code for MVC Applications.
- Proven experience in the following domains:
- OOP (e.g., C++, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Apache or Nginx
- Test-Driven Development
- Cloud (e.g., AWS or any VPS)
- APIs, REST, SOAP
- Android and/or iOS development (a strong plus)
- Entrepreneurial skills and experience are preferred.
- Must be a leader and a problem-solver.
- Must be a smart and fast coder.
- Can write technical documents.
- Must be able to teach junior coders.
- Must be a fast-learner, and willing to learn Ruby on Rails.
Send Your Resume