One of the worst nightmares of any motorist would be to have a roadside emergency with no one around to help. Just ask anyone who drives each day, and they’ll surely tell you that they know this fear quite well.
It’s important to keep in mind, however, that as long as you’re aware of what to do and you can keep your wits about you, the chances of you being completely helpless in a roadside emergency will be quite slim.
What to do in the event of a roadside accident
Here are some useful tips for handling any roadside emergency.
- Don’t panic. Sure, it’s easier said than done, but remember that panicking doesn’t help you. Instead, take a deep breath and go through the next few steps in your head.
- Find the nearest traffic enforcer or police station, and seek the aid of someone who can help you. If you go to the police station, you can report the incident and obtain a written copy of your account.
- If you have motor insurance with a provider such as FGen and there are no police stations near you, fill out the Motorcar Incident Report Form attached to your policy or download it on our website: fgeninsurance.com, have it signed by the third party driver and document the incident by taking photos of the vehicles involved. Afterwards, if you can still drive your vehicle, you can bring it to your nearest Claims Evaluation Center.
- Call your insurance provider so they can help you locate the nearest Claims Evaluation Center.
- Never admit any liability nor offer any settlement if you haven’t secured the approval of your insurer.
Emergency roadside assistance with a reliable partner
Another benefit of obtaining motor insurance from FGen is that you’ll be able to secure emergency roadside assistance.
FGen partnered with travel assistance service company Ibero Asistencia. Thanks to this partnership, vehicle owners can extend their comprehensive FGen motor insurance to include the Roadside Assistance. In case of an accident or mechanical breakdown, they can call and request towing services from Ibero AsistenciaThis service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In addition, FGen insurance policy holders may also call Ibero Asistencia for help in case they run out of fuel, require a battery boost or tire replacement, or even find themselves locked out of their vehicle.
How to avail 24/7 emergency roadside assistance
In case of an emergency, call (02) 8459-4793. Make sure you have the following details on hand:
- The name and contact number of the vehicle’s owner;
- The vehicle’s plate number;
- The vehicle’s location; and
- The kind of assistance required.
Keep yourself and your loved ones safe. Be prepared in the event of an emergency by obtaining fast and easy motor insurance at https://www.fgeninsurance.com/motor-car-insurance.